A few helpful tips for new purchasers from Coleman Estates
- It is important to make sure that you have your own financial status and situation at the ready before booking viewings and making offers as most of our vendors only like to accept viewings from proceedable buyers, meaning sold subject to contract, with a mortgage agreement in principle or purchasing with cash. If you’re not on the market yet, we will be happy to provide you with a free valuation and to discuss our simply move package with you.
- We advise you to have a clear set of the requirements but also to be willing to compromise on certain minor aspects of a potential future purchase. It’s a difficult balance to strike – we understand that when you’re spending a significant amount of money on a new property, you want everything to be perfect but if there are minor negatives such as décor not to your own taste, we would advise a new buyer to look at more important factors such as size and location. We will do our very best to find you the perfect property but we would advise that you try to be slightly flexible in your requirements and you might be surprised with how happy you are with your choice!
- When it comes to solicitors and conveyancing, we only use the very best in the business; We choose them because we’ve had the best experience with them, the quickest transactions and the fewest fall throughs – not because of referral fees!
Although the vendor is our client, we wouldn’t experience such high levels of sales without excellent service for our customers, the buyers.
At Coleman Estates we will:
- Register you on our sales database promptly and accurately, noting your requirements, timescales and current situation.
- Contact you regularly via phone and email with properties that would actually interest you – rather than clogging up your inbox with spam!
- Book viewings promptly with calls to confirm returned the same day.
- Contact you next day to find out what you thought – help you put an offer forward or see if we can find an alternative if the property is not suitable.
Once we’ve agreed a sale, our sales progressor will be in touch to go over your proof of funds, agreement in principle as well as your chain details should you have sold your home. We will also recommend two local solicitors who we have an excellent working relationship with.